This weeks reading was intriguing, I find it amazing that places like Daslu actually exists, and the extent that people go to just to experience that little bit of luxury.
Reading about Daslu defiantly made me dream. It took me to a fantasy world with the hope that one day I will have enough money be able to experience places like this. This was my initial thought however after the class discussion I was brought back to reality. To me it seems a little wrong to have this luxurious place in such a poverty stricken town. It is as if they are selfishly turning a blind eye to the poverty that is outside their building.
It makes me think. I wonder if the outside world does play a thought onto head management’s minds. I mean from the readings it states that when Daslue started in 1958 charity played a part, with a portion of the profits going to Chartity…I wonder if this is still the case or if the business grew too fast and too big and they lost the initial intent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment