Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Men’s Wear

Men’s Wear is an interesting topic for me, it is something I have not studied before and something I have not even thought of studying. I think part of the reason it has in the past been of no interest to me is the fact I know so little about it. Throughout my studies women’s fashion has always been of focus.

I have never really thought much into where fashion trends have derived from. From this weeks discussion it has become evident that uniforms have played a large roll.
The fascination that women have towards a male in uniform is unbelievable. This probably has something to do with the status that uniforms bring. It displays a sense of power which people are drawn towards.

I believe there is an emphasis in today’s society to show your individuality however uniforms contradict this. A uniform is a common ground in a group, which therefore eliminates individual personalities being displayed.

So although uniforms have provided large fashion trends, is it in fact hiding our personal identity?

No comments:

Post a Comment